PHYSIO7 CANCELLATION POLICY
All cancellations within 12 hours of your appointment are subject to a charge of 50% of your appointment charge (If you have bought a package of sessions or have a discount, you will be charged 50% of a standard session of that length).
Cancellations within 2 working hours of an appointment (working hours of 8am-7pm) will be charged 100% of your appointment charge (people who have bought a package of sessions will lose that session).
Cancellations should be made online or by phoning 01473 569 007 or on our online booking portal. Please avoid cancelling via email or text due to occasional problems with delivery of these messages.
PHYSIO7 PRIVACY NOTICE
(Version 4- reviewed 12/7/19)
During the course of your treatment at Physio7 it is necessary for us to hold some of your personal information.
What information do we collect and how?
- Personal information including name, address, date of birth, email and telephone numbers is logged on our secure, cloud-based practice management software.
- Your medical notes also include information relating to your present injury, past medical history, medications and pertinent information regarding your job and hobbies. Your assessment and treatment updates will be logged on these paper notes, which are stored securely in lockable cabinets/ cupboards on the premises, and only accessible to authorised clinicians.
How do we use your information?
- We use your contact information to respond to your inquiries and send you information relating to your appointments.
- We will send you marketing information about services and offers that may interest you, as long as you have opted in.
- Your medical notes are used in order to provide continuity of treatment for your muscular and skeletal complaints, and to provide a legal record of your treatment.
When do we share your information?
- We will not sell, rent or share your information with third parties for commercial or marketing purposes. However, it may be in your interest for us to share some information. This will only be done with your consent, and may include:
- Your GP, GP team or Medical Consultant. If you have been referred to Physio7 by a medical practitioner, then a discharge letter is often sent on completion of treatment.
- Relevant solicitors/ legal team in the event of an accident claim.
- Your medical insurance company, if you are receiving treatment through, or being reimbursed for treatment by that company.
How long is you information retained by us?
- Personal data, records and notes relating to the physiotherapy/ rehabilitation of adults must be retained for a minimum period of 8 years to meet legal requirements and professional standards. For patients under 18 years of age, records must be kept until they reach 25 years of age.
- We may retain electronic contact details indefinitely for use if you return for another episode of care.
How can you access and update your information?
- The accuracy of your information is important to us. If any of the information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You have the right to see the information we have relating to you and can request this in writing via a ‘subject access request’. Please write to us at Physio7, 8 Cromwell Court, 16 St Peters Street, Ipswich, IP1 1XG.
- We password protect our email and only access this via password protected devices. However, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of information that you transmit by email.
- If you have any concerns regarding how Physio7 handles your data you are entitled to complain directly to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO).
- If you have any queries regarding how we store your data or any other issues regarding data protection at Physio7, then please ask to speak to the Physio7 registered data controller and clinical director Chris Spurling (email@example.com).
Review of this policy We keep this Policy under regular review. See title for when this Policy was last updated